Starting in June 1995, Jayen’s professional journey has traversed Kotak Mahindra, ABN AMRO, Rabobank, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Standard Chartered & IDFC. He was Head-Debt Capital Markets at IDFC Bank before co-founding MAVUCA.
Jayen has successfully solved complicated resource mobilization for project construction, project refinance, hold-co/promoter capital, acquisition, working capital, general corporate purposes, portfolio-asset backed financing, green finance, etc.
He has been deeply associated with over 800 transactions across products like INR & FCY REG S/144A bonds, INR & FCY loans, structured products, ABS/MBS, convertibles, bonds+warrants, mezzanine/sub-debt bonds, INVITs, common/preferred equity, bank capital securities, etc.
High profile deals handled by Jayen include:
- Nirchem’s acquisition of Lafarge’s 100% shareholding in Lafarge India Limited;
- SIS India’s acquisition of 100% shareholding of Duster Total Solutions Private Limited;
- Several asset acquisitions of Blackstone;
- Indigrid Infrastructure Investment Trust’s Bhopal Dhule Transmission Company;
- Part-financing of Ultratech’s acquisition of Jaiprakash Associates’ six integrated cement plants and five grinding units;
- Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited’s takeover of Welspun Group’s renewable energy portfolio.
Jayen has senior relationships with numerous corporate promoters, CFOs/Treasurers, Banks, MFs, Insurers, Pension Funds, NBFCs, FPIs, Private & Venture Funds, Impact Funds, Distressed Funds, Multilaterals etc.
Jayen is a CFA Charterholder and has been awarded Masters in Management Studies & Bachelor in Engineering.